- Teenagers are influenced by status to wear designer clothes.
- Uniforms are an example of career influence on clothing selection.
- Decoration is an influence on accessorizing your outfits.
- The design of a garment is its style.
- The workmanship of a garment is its quality.
- Matched plaids/stripes, straight and even hems, and secure threads are signs of quality workmanship.
- When the fashion cycle is in the declining phase a style is overused and becomes boring.
- Read the garment label to learn how to care for a ready-made garment.
- Fabric finishes are chemical treatments applied to the surface of fabrics that make textiles more beautiful and more useful.
- Anti-static fabric finishes keep fabrics from clinging together.
- Flame retardant finishes are mandated by the Flammable Fabrics Act for types of children's wear.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
First Year Students: Competency 6
Review of key concepts: